search mandy's

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

obsession: OWLS!

"i hate all birds of the night."
i said that once. its actually bats i don't care for, not all birds of the night. i think owls are pretty cool. last year i decided owl "stuff" was something i wanted to collect. it stemmed from my librarian mother trying to send me home with an odd painted metal owl that was left to the library by one of its patrons after he passed away. they don't really have room for it in the library anymore but my mom wanted to give it to someone that would take care of it, as this patron was someone important to the ahoskie library and its community. i haven't found the perfect place for him yet (he is kinda big) but he did spark an overnight owl obsession in me. i wish i had a picture of him to post, but maybe once richard and i get through with our spring cleaning and re-arranging of our home i can bring him here and take one. until then, here are some other items that i have collected since then and some "owl inspiration" for you..


my owl blanket from thirtyone gifts...
a birthday present from my bestest friend!


ADORABLE owl backpack for kids from branch
 


neat-o owl charms i purchased last week...
can't wait to make something cool with them!
 


the owl from labyrinth... one of my favorite movies ever


awesome vintage owl headband from mon petit vintage on etsy
 


and lastly, my vintage owl necklace... also a gift from
my bestest friend ever, and an heirloom from her great-grandmother
 


don't you just love them OWL? i am such a dork! :)

like this? stayed tuned for lots more of MANDY'S OBSESSIONS!

No comments:

Post a Comment